Mastercam Design is a computer-aided design solution that simplifies the creation of even the most complex parts with a robust suite of CAD tools. Design is included with Mastercam’s suite of CAM solutions. It is also available as a standalone product.
From fixing flaws in an imported model, to creating fixtures for work holding on a machine-and so much more, this powerful CAD engine includes modeling and prep tools for CAM programmers to get parts on and off machines quickly.
- Comprehensive CAD platform.
- Direct modeling, file import functionality, and model prep.
- CAD for CAM supports production efficiency.
Mastercam includes a large selection of CAD model importers, so no matter where a model was created, you can import and modify as needed for your machining purposes.
- Mastercam can read CAD files from ASCII, CADL, DWG, DXF, EPS, IGES, Inventor (IPT, IDW, IAM), KeyCreator Files (CKD), Parasolids, Rhino 3DM, SOLIDWORKS (SLDPRT, SLDASM, SLDDRW), SAT (ACIS solids), Solid Edge (PAR & PSM), SpaceClaim Files (SCDOC), STEP, STL, and VDA.
- Specialty data translators are available to read CAD files from UG/NX, CoroPlus®, Creo, and CATIA™.
- Full 3D CAD modeling.
- Import, create, and manipulate wireframe, surfaces, STL, and solids data.
- Mastercam Art makes it possible to work with files including JPG, TIFF, and raster-based images—and create a 3D relief based on user preference.
With a wide-range of mesh editing tools in Mastercam, you have the ability to modify, repair, smooth or edit meshes in a variety of ways.
This suite of tools found on the Model Prep ribbon allows you to modify solids that have no history to edit. You can select faces of a solid body to change the length, you can modify the radius of fillets or remove them all together. You can select bosses or cavities and move them, copy them, or eliminate them entirely.
Dimensions, labels, and notes are part of our drafting functionality to communicate important design information to the shop floor.
Includes everything you need for the creation and editing of lines, arcs, splines, and points. Beyond 2D sketch creation, 3D capabilities offer unlimited flexibility to create the geometry you need with ease.
Surface modeling is an excellent way to create, edit, and display shapes from simple surfaces of revolution to complex organic shapes that cannot easily be done with wireframe. Mastercam gives you a powerful set of surface design tools for straightforward control over every detail of your work.
Allows you to construct models from the simplest wireframe sketches and to continue to edit the model to meet your desired result. These functions create a sequential history of individual operations that can easily be edited as required and update downstream operations automatically. These functions offer a great amount of flexibility for future change.