- December 27, 2023
- Posted by: MCAM Northwest
- Category: Mastercam
Looking to sharpen your Mastercam skills? A new version of Mastercam University has launched on the myMastercam platform. Inside this updated version users will find better content structure, more video-based content, improved local language support, and the convenience of a single sign-on website.
What is Mastercam University?
Mastercam University is a free training platform for Mastercam and can now be found on myMastercam. There are lessons on Mastercam Basic and Core, as well as lessons on Lathe, Mill, Mill 3D, Mill-Turn, and Multiaxis. The lessons on Mill, Mill 3D, and Multiaxis also apply to Router type machines.
Introducing the New Mastercam University
Now located under the Learning tab on My.Mastercam.com, known as the “Learning Hub”, Mastercam University has recently been updated to include new features, such as:
- Additional video-based content.
- Improved course navigation and content structure.
- Updated language support, including language selection and translation of video transcripts and course content.
- Access Mastercam University without leaving the myMastercam site.
In addition, as part of this new version, Mastercam University is offering a set of Mastercam training classes free to all customers, students, and potential customers via my.Mastercam.com. Each of these fully online training classes is available 24/7, so you can learn at your own pace. You’ll also have the opportunity to test your knowledge throughout the course using our custom knowledge checks.
Whether you’re brand new to Mastercam and need to learn the basics, or if you’ve been using it for a while and you’re stepping up to a new type of machine, the classes found at Mastercam University can help.
Check Out These Mastercam Classes
Mastercam University offers a range of classes, such as lessons on Mastercam Basic and Core, which give you a foundation for all your Mastercam training needs. There are also lessons on Lathe, Mill, Mill 3D, Mill-Turn, and Multiaxis. The lessons on Mill, Mill 3D, and Multiaxis also apply to Router type machines.
- Mastercam Basics Series – The Mastercam Basics Series courses are designed to familiarize yourself with the Mastercam User Interface and understand the process for programming a part and generating a machine-readable NC file.
- Mastercam Core – Core contains 60 lessons of essential Mastercam knowledge to build a strong Mastercam foundation.
- MP Post Basics – The Mastercam MP Basic Post Course is designed for those who wish to gain a basic understanding of how to modify and develop Mill post processors for Mastercam.
- 3D Mill – This course explores the workspace, geometry creation, and 3D toolpath creation for Mastercam Mill.
- Mill-Turn – Using Mastercam’s proven milling and lathe toolpaths, this software simplifies the programming process for mill-turn machines with job setups keyed to the exact machine in your shop.
- Lathe – Create geometry, manage tools, and learn every toolpath you’ll need to start turning with Mastercam Lathe.
- 2D Mill – Enhance your design and job processing abilities while becoming an expert at 3-axis programming with 2D Mill
- Multi-axis – This course will deliver fundamental knowledge in positional and multiaxis machining. Take your programming skills to the next level with Mastercam Multiaxis.
With Mastercam University you learn at your own pace, in your own time, and from experienced Mastercam trainers. Use these new online Mastercam classes to get up to speed quickly and keep your skills sharp. Remember, you don’t have to complete every lesson, and you can select just the classes that apply to you.
Custom Training Available from MCAM Northwest
Our team here at MCAM Northwest is ready to support you! While we recommend users get everything they possibly can from Mastercam University, custom training time from MCAM Northwest is ideal for topics not covered at Mastercam University and application specific work.
Custom training sessions from MCAM Northwest are offered as a billable service, with sessions typically lasting from 1 to 2 hours. These training sessions happen online via Google Meet or Zoho Meetings, depending on IT requirements on the user end.
Benefit from expert trainers who bring their extensive industrial experience and Mastercam knowledge to each lesson. Whether you’re a brand-new programmer or a seasoned programming veteran, Mastercam University has resources that can be beneficial for all users. Then, when you’re ready for more customized training, reach out to our Sales Team!
Key takeaways (TL;DR)
- A new version of Mastercam University has launched on the myMastercam platform.
- Mastercam University is offering a set of Mastercam training classes free to all customers, students, and potential customers via my.Mastercam.com.
- Mastercam University now offers free classes on Mastercam Basic and Core, as well as lessons on Lathe, Mill, Mill 3D, Mill-Turn, and Multiaxis.
- Custom training time from MCAM Northwest is ideal for topics not covered at Mastercam University and application specific work.
Follow MCAM Northwest!
YouTube: MCAM Northwest